Call for Editors / Coordinators!
The ACAM Journal is currently seeking Editors and other Coordinators from the UBC ACAM program for our 2017/18 issue.
Who are we?
The ACAM Journal is a new student-run journal of academic and creative work. Submissions that connect to broader topics and issues around Asian and Asian(-)Canadian identity, experiences, and local and global communities, are welcome from UBC students in any and all disciplines, faculties, departments, or cultural backgrounds. All genres and forms may be accepted. The first issue, “Tributaries,” was launched in print and web form in January 2017.
Who are we looking for?
– Review and select incoming submissions based on content and quality (any genre/form)
– Attend 1-2 editor’s meetings to discuss selections
– Proofread and edit submissions selected for publication
– Review edits with artists/authors via email
– Check email for incoming submissions
– Organize submissions for editors to review
– Manage email account (respond to questions/comments and coordinate messages between editors and artists/authors)
Web/Social Media Coordinator
– Upload accepted submissions onto our website
– Twitter: post updates, deadlines, and launch dates
Positions are on a volunteer basis. Previous or formal experience is not required, although knowledge of the topics at hand and a commitment to ethical community engagement are helpful.
How can I get involved?
Send a short email telling us:
– which position(s) you are interested in,
– general availability (production timeline is Fall 2017 – Spring/Summer 2018)
– anything else you want us to know (why you are interested, who you are, previous experiences, questions/comments…)!
Deadline: Wednesday, February 1st @ 11:59pm
We look forward to hearing from you!
Editor (on behalf of ACAM Journal team)